@chialynn

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

A new friend

Before I met her, Li Chin talk about her before
She said her English is very good and she likes her English slang
And I met her today ^^
Actually I dunno how I met her
I was on the same table in canteen with her and Carin was beside me
I think we just start talking (I talk a lot, I cakap banyak in school)
Her name is Kimberly
She;s from 2P2
She likes music & I like money $ -__-

Then during lesson
Pn.Ng ask me to see her
She asked me to wrote and read a English speech about Chinese New Year!!!( Of course my English is good too) I am not "perasan" lol
But probably I will tangle up all the words in front of the audience... something like...Stage Fright
Suddenly I'm thinking about her, so i told teacher to let her do the speech
Will, everyone agreed
Than I will prepare the speech for her, just a short speech...

A very good afternoon to our principal Miss Cheng, teachers and my fellow Students.

The year of the Ox is about to begin and Chinese people everywhere will be celebrating the Chinese New Year. As it is also called the Spring festival it is obvious that the Chinese see it as a season of renewal and re-growth.

On the first day of Chinese New Year is the time families will visit the oldest and most senior members of their extended family, usually their parents, grandparents or great-grandparents

Some families may invite a lion dance troupe as a symbolic ritual to usher in the Lunar New Year as well as to evict bad spirits from the premises.

They wear new clothes at this time of the year to symbolise a new start. Like people of every race and nationality they will be hoping and praying for a happy and a healthy new year. Chinese believe Red is the colour of prosperity and that is why they like to wear red clothes.

Members of the family who are married also give red packets containing cash to junior members of the family, mostly children and teenagers

The festival traditionally begins on the first day of the first lunar month and ends on the 15th. Chinese will celebrate this festival throughout these 15 days.

Lastly, I would like to take this opportunity to wish all of you a happy and prosperous Chinese New Year.

Thank you.

BLA BLA BLA ....... speech made me sleepy -.-zzz
Nice knowing u
Kim ^^



You know you love me

XOXO

1 comment: