@chialynn

Monday, June 30, 2014

Basil, Le Bistrot @ Kek Chuan Road, Penang

Had dinner with Gavin and Lay the other day. 
For Gavin to see our faces before he leaves to KL for his studies because we're nice like that :p

Wanted to try their brunch menu but come on it's dinner.

So I went for 
Chicken Breast (RM25)
Poached and pan-seared, comes with hand-out chips, assorted root vegetables and jus.
also comes with really good, creamy and smooth mash potatoes.

 
 You can tell the chips are good just by looking at it or the fact that Gavin couldn't stop eating it.

 Gavin's
Pan-seared Wild Seabass (RM28)
with mash potatoes, poached onions and beurre blanc 
You know what's his caption for his seabass insta photo? pattern much, read below hahaha
My pan seared seabass with creamy mash on the side was simply scrumptious . I'll definitely come back for more of their crispy seabass skin !

 and Nigell Lay's 
Gratin Seafood Pie (RM24)
Assortment of seafood braised with a thick aniseed fish broth topped with a rich buttery mash and finish with Aged Grana Padano Cheese


 You can see the love in Gavin's eyes, the way he looks at Lay. aww
Let me tell you something, he is secretly gay. shh.
Ok he's not.




 RM4.50 for the macarons




 I told them their backs would look better than their faces hahahaha

No tax. No service charge.

Now, food aside.
All the best Gavin! Stop exploring food and eating so much which you probably won't, you'll be eating more instead.
and I also wanted to say that Lay, you did a great job organizing this year's Inti Talent Quest!
Too bad I don't have any photos to blog, because I forgot to bring my camera along, I brought my huge backpack out then I realised it's empty inside .___. hahaha

***
9, Jalan Kek Chuan, 10300 Georgetown Penang
Business Hour: 11am to 9pm on weekdays (closed on Tues & Wed), 9am to 9pm on weekends
Contact Number: 04-226 5741

X
Lynn



find me on: facebook | twitter | instagram | youtube | dayre |bloglovin' |imotiv 

2 comments:

  1. Did you try the macarons? How are they? :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No :/ because the flavours they got are all very common

      Delete