@chialynn

Friday, December 11, 2015

Revlon ColorBurst Lacquer Balm & Balm Stain | Review & Swatches

The Revlon ColorBurst Balm Stain in Sweetheart has always been one my favourites and in fact, my most worn lippie. 
Guardian was having a buy 2 at RM40 promo for the ColorBust range so I decided to grab 2 more shades: Revlon ColorBurst Balm Stain in Rendezvous and Revlon ColorBurst Lacquer Balm in Coy. I haven't gotten any of the ColorBust Matte Balm as I'm currently more into shine than matte. 

It comes in a twist up crayon form, so there is no sharpening required. They smell and taste like mint, like polo. They served as a tinted balm which offer a great colour pay off and are pretty long lasting. (The pigmentation and longevity varies with shade, but they all last a good couple of hours) It feels like a gel staining onto the lips without the stickiness. They claim to offer a balm-like moisture, but for me, it's not as moisturizing as a good lip balm would offer but moisturizing enough for a lip stain. Overall, it's very affordable and comfortable to wear giving off a hydrating soft glossiness on the lips. 

2.7g of products

Swatches on my hand

Revlon ColorBurst Lacquer Balm in Coy
 Coy is a deep brown nude. The packaging is high shine, different from the original balm stain. I find it pretty wearable on me, it's like my MLBB (my lips but better) shade.
Revlon ColorBurst Balm Stain in Rendezvous
It's a sheer orange shade, not a shockingly bright orange. It appears to be slightly towards coral on my lips. 
 Revlon ColorBurst Balm Stain in Sweetheart
 This baby is my all time favourite, such a gorgeous colour, a true hot pink. The pigmentation and lasting power is crazy. It stays even after a meal. The gloss might be slightly gone but the colour stays.
Not completely removed even with makeup wipes. My trick on completely removing the stain is to brush them with toothpaste haha.

Bonus old picture in the shade Sweetheart 

X
Lynn



find me on: facebook | twitter | instagram | youtube | 

No comments:

Post a Comment